The ADVENT Snoring Center is Wisconsin’s leading provider of the Pillar Procedure.
The Pillar Procedure is a simple, safe and highly effective minimally invasive treatment for snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
As we age or gain weight, our tissue and muscles often begin to sag and lose some of their rigidity and strength. When this occurs, breathing can cause weakened tissue in the soft palate to vibrate and produce the obnoxious noise known as snoring. In some cases, breathing can also cause the tissue in the soft palate to collapse and obstruct the upper airway, producing OSA.
The Pillar Procedure is a clinically proven, FDA approved technology designed to reinforce the soft palate and reduce tissue vibration or obstruction. During the Pillar Procedure, four to six tiny woven implants are placed in the soft palate. Over time, the implants, together with the body’s natural healing response, add structural support and stiffen the soft palate.
Advantages of the Pillar Procedure
- Patients report a significant decrease in snoring intensity, less daytime sleepiness and significant improvements in lifestyle.
- The Pillar Procedure has generated a bed partner satisfaction rate of over 80% at one year, according to bed partners of chronic snorers.
- The Pillar Procedure is also FDA approved to treat mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Clinical studies have shown that approximately 80% of patients demonstrated a reduction in their apnea-hypopnea index (AHI), and results were sustained at one year after the procedure.
- No major complications have been associated with the Pillar Procedure.
- The Pillar Procedure obtained FDA approval in 2004 and has treated tens of thousands of patients worldwide.
The Pillar Procedure is a simple in-office procedure performed at the ADVENT Snoring Center using local anesthetic, usually in under 30 minutes. Most patients leave with little to no discomfort and can continue their normal daily activity.
To find out if you are a candidate for the Pillar Procedure, contact us today at 414-771-6780 to schedule an evaluation.