Are you searching for relief from frequent runny noses, congestion or post nasal drip? ADVENT is pleased to be the first in Wisconsin to offer Cryosurgical Ablation as a solution to these concerns. During this minimally invasive, in office procedure, a cooling probe is utilized to freeze a small, inflamed area in the back of the nose, which reduces the inflammation of the nasal membranes and causes long lasting relief from runny noses and congestion.
What can I expect during a consultation to discuss Cryosurgical Ablation?
- You will have a comprehensive evaluation with a member of our ENT care team. During this visit it is necessary for us to use a fiberoptic scope to examine your nose and throat to fully diagnose and recommend treatment for your chronic rhinitis concerns. This exam is important to ensure there are no other underlying anatomical issues.
- A CT scan also will be ordered for your next visit to assess your nasal airway further. You’ll review the results with a physician and discuss if Cryosurgical Ablation is the best solution to your concerns.
Where will my Cryosurgical Ablation treatment be completed?
- Treatment can be performed conveniently in office.
What is the cost of Cryosurgical Ablation and does insurance cover it?
- Insurance often covers this treatment, when moderate to severe rhinitis is present. Our office can check your insurance benefits and provide an estimate of your individual cost.
What can I expect after my In Office Cryosurgical Ablation?
- You may experience an acute “ice cream” headache after the treatment, which typically resolves spontaneously within an hour of the treatment. Normal activity can be resumed quickly with minimal after care, such as sinus rinses. Most patients begin to see improvement between 7 days and 30 days post treatment.
To find out if you are a candidate for Cryosurgical Ablation contact us at 414-771-6780 or